Tuesday, March 4, 2008

One Cute Chick...

Sometimes I feel as if I'm a little "layout challenged" and that is why I don't do them all that often...but once in awhile, it just all seems to come together! For this one, I started with a simple design and then it just evolved into this:
This is my daughter, Taylor, last summer at the school playground one day..we love to go there once in awhile and play on all the big jungle gyms and stuff...she will rarely hold still long enough for a photo, but she did this day for some reason! LOL My journaling says, "What a heartbreaker you are going to be some day!" The boys are already after her in their own little 2nd grade ways....eeek! Luckily she wants nothing to do with them yet! =)

In the top corner, I drew a flower similar to the gorgeous flowers in the Pink Paislee "Spring Fling" paper and hand stitched the design with brown thread....
I used the chick stamp from the Retro Spring collection (Pink Paislee) and stamped with brown ink, then I used chalk around the edges to add dimension. I cut the scalloped die cut frame down to fit around my photo and journaling and used the leftovers to journal on....

And on this card, I scanned one of the journaling stamps from the Needful Things stamp set (Pink Paislee also!) and enlarged it a bit. I printed it onto patterned paper and folded for my card base. Did a little hand stitching on the die cut! I love making cards with unique shapes to them...try this technique...it's really fun! Link me up to your creations, I'd love to see them. =)
(Will be published in Cards Magazine, Sept. 2008 issue.)
Thanks for visiting me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more creations!~Danielle~

19 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, so gorgeous, Dani!! You are the queen of hybrid design!! Love that idea for your card :)

Katie

Michelle said...

I love the page and the card!! super-cute projects!! =) So happy I get to work with you at Pink paislee!!

Unknown said...

Your layout is gorgeous, love that photo of your daughter :) ~ and your card ideas are always so, so clever ~ awesome work Dani... you're totally rocking the PP!!

Anonymous said...

totally love the kurled edges!!!

Anonymous said...

Um... if you're layout challenged, then there's no hope for me! :) Danielle I adore your style, whether it's in cards or layouts. So fresh and definitely your own!

Melonie said...

So pretty Dani! You are definately NOT LO challenged!

smiley said...

I just find your blog, i dont speak very well in english, but i really want to tell you, you are amazing! I realy like your style and project.

Laura Davis said...

Stunning Dani! I love the color combo's:)
Laura

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

O those projects are gorgeous (again!!), love the things you make...and uhm, hope you don't mind, but you've been tagged. You can check it out on my blog, xxxWendy.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Nothing you create is anything less than inspiring and beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

This page is really very nice, I love the colors and the layout.

Lea L. said...

Both of those are just gorgeous Dani!! You use that pretty, shabby chic paper so perfectly!

I posted a couple of cards on my blog today..come check them out if you have time!

Have a great Thursday,
Lea L.

Tina said...

WAY TO ROCK the PP girl!!!!!!

Kadee said...

So Cute! Love your blog!

scrappa jack said...

Fantastic lo. The card is wonderful too. Great idea.

Raechelle Bellus said...

you are anything but layout challenged Dani! Stunning work as always! :)
Rae

Lucy said...

These are so cute!! Love what you did with the CMK kiet stuff. :)

Joy said...

Love your work. The stitched flower is such a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Thank you :) you should look at that emo boy one at this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info