Tuesday, June 24, 2008

the little things in life...

Happy Tuesday! I don't have anything scrappy to show you, but I thought I'd share some photos of Taylor's last full day of second grade with you today. She has a half day left and then she is done! I'm so proud of her. She has worked really hard this year, and I know each day is a struggle with her. She was diagnosed with ADHD recently and after getting her on the right medicine, it's been a blessing.

The bus comes right to our door and picks her up each morning, which is really great in the winter time, then we don't have to stand outside in the freezing cold weather.
Next stop: THIRD grade!!
Yesterday, I spent the day with Kati planting flowers. I love flowers, they are so rejuvenating to my soul! Also picked up these cute pillows at Target. Love Target! They really add a pop of color to the deck.
I'm not that great with gardening, but I picked out all plants that love full sun as it gets hot back there in the afternoons. Here are a few of my favorite plants....(not even sure what they are called. LOL)



That's all for today! Do something that makes YOU happy today!
Hugs! ~Danielle~

7 comments:

Davinie Fiero said...

Hi Danielle! Happy Last day of school. The summer is here!
That first large flower looks like a dahlia. Not positive on that one though. Love the pots next to your deck chair too.
Happy Tuesday my friend!

mborrero said...

Today I looked at your blog and saw beauty. that made me happy. Thank you.

Namaste

Regina Easter said...

those flowers look pretty Dani....no more waking up early for the yellow bus....hugs...

Michelle StClair said...

OH those flowers are beautiful. Just perfect!

Staci Taylor said...

Aww, Taylor is such a cutie! I work with (and diagnose) kids with ADHD a lot, so if you ever need some friendly advice, feel free to ask :-) Love the flowers - you certainly have a better green thumb then me because I haven't even planted anything yet, lol!

Melonie said...

YAY Taylor! Evan finished up second grade today too! I hope you all have a great summer!!

Erika said...

So cute!! I love your patio and flowers and your daughter is so precious! TFS!