Monday, August 25, 2008

so very thankful....

I feel so blessed for many reasons...my family, life-long friends, ability to pursue my "art" and much more...life is good! Recently the DT members of the Melissa Frances team were asked to create some items for the Scrap Pink event for Better Homes and Gardens coming this September. Scrapbooks, Etc. is hosting an on-site crop (at your local LSS's) to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure® breast cancer foundation! Melissa Frances has created a line of papers called "Thankful" and is donating part of the procedes to breastcancer.org. Here is a little mini album/box that I created with this line for the event, pictures are of my little Kati from this past spring.
I used a ton of MF products here, including the Thankful papers (which are sooo beautiful in person, but difficult to photograph!), glitter chipboard, stamps, rub on sayings, stickers, lace and buttons.
So thankful for this sweet girl!
I covered the chipboard accordian album with the papers and painted the edges with white paint.
Daddy and Kati playing in the yard one day! Love this shot! I stamped the background with the frame before adding the photo.


(Back of the album)
If your LSS is planning to host this event, you can request this project to be taught at your store! Hope you are having a terrific start to your week! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
~Danielle~

22 comments:

Chrys said...

beautiful project Dani!!!

Anonymous said...

It is really very beautiful, full of sweetness and love

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Dani!!

Vesna said...

Absolutely Stunning Danielle and a great cause.

Vesna

Anonymous said...

Love,love, love it. I'd order if it available anywhere.

Staci Taylor said...

This is simply gorgeous, Dani!! And what a cool event! I love how MF has turned her illness into something wonderful by raising money for others! Love the pics from your trip, too :-)

stefani said...

What a beautiful project. Your work is wonderful. So the little album is stored in the box? Did you make the box and album from scratch?

I love how you stamped the frame on some of the pages. The paper colors are so pretty. I will have to keep an eye out for this line.

Raechelle Bellus said...

such a sweet and pretty little thing. The album ain't bad either. ;) Beautiful work my friend!
Rae :)

Charlotte Cramer said...

Gorgeous work Dani!!!!! You are so very talented!!!! I just love to admire your work!!!!

Scossie Jane said...

What an absolutely gorgeous project Danielle, a feast for the eyes xx

analuiza said...

So beautiful!! Love it! :-)

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Your album looks amazing, so soft and sweet....It's good to stop and be thankfull for the good things in our lives...Thanks for sharing this with us.xxxWendy.

Julee said...

wow! Just absolutely gorgeous!

Kandis Smith said...

this is so sweet, love the soft colors!

Jennifer said...

wow!! That is a gorgeous creation!

Lori Renn said...

You are such a rock star in my eyes! The rock star of paper! Thanks for your inspiration Dani!

Dena said...

OMG your project is FANTASTIC Dani,
not that I would expect anything less from you. This is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Dani! So glad to see you posting your fabulous work on your blog again! I just love this Melissa Frances mini-album! It's such a sweet tribute to your sweet little girl! You are truly blessed...not only with so much creative talent, but with a beautiful family!

Thanks so much for sharing your work and inspiring so many of us! :-D

Daniela Dobson said...

What a beautiful project!

Leslie Ashe said...

Dani - I am in awe of you and your talent!!! THIS is GORGEOUS! I mean it's just GORGEOUS! :)

Melissa Frances is so LUCKY to have YOU!!

Hope your day is wonderful,
Lots of love,
Leslie

JoEllyn said...

I swear that paper line was made for you!!! That's just gorgeous Dani!

Filka said...

Beautiful :O