Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh, happy day!

Good morning, everyone! Happy Tuesday! I am getting excited for the rest of this week. Even though we had frost last night, it's supposed to warm up into the 80's for the rest of the week ~ woot!

We have been busy doing some yard work...putting out mulch, planting new grass, and taking out a pond that we had in the front yard. It was there when we moved in, but it's always just been a mosquito factory and was so hard to keep clean. So...I'm thrilled that it's gone. We took the big rocks that were around it and put them around our deck in the backyard, filled with shrubs and mulch and it's starting to look nice back there. Still a lot to do, but it will get there eventually! It's so darn expensive to landscape.

I have one little card to share today that I created for the next challenge at Card-a-licious. The challenge is to create a card with stars, flowers and stitching. I was a little worried about how to make stars and flowers go together, but the subtle flowers work as a background. Hope you can play along with us!

I am also working on a new website (or should I say my hubby is!) that will house my blog and a gallery of my work. Getting excited for that, but it may be awhile yet. Thank you for all your nice comments about my tutorials. I hope to do more soon and will try to get better lighting for you. Enjoy your day and hope you are having sunshine where you are too.
Supply list:
Tags: Creative Cafe
Ribbon: Making Memories - Poolside
Rub on saying: Melissa Frances
Wooden star and paint: craft supply
Pin: Fancy Pants
Punch: EK Success - Parisian
4: Foam numbers by Close to My Heart (thank you, Maria!!)

18 comments:

ellen s. said...

beautiful tag! i channeled you on a project i did over the weekend with how you use pins. thanks for inspiring me!

Melissa said...

Ohhh for cute! Love, love, love this...you've inspired me.
Melissa

Kay said...

You have been busy landscaping! It sounds like you'll have such a wonderful place for your family to enjoy the summer!

Speaking of summer, I LOVE the July 4th holiday. It always brings back wonderful memories for me. This tag card makes happy! The flowers and stars are perfect together!!

Can't wait to see your new website! ♥♥ Kay

Emily said...

Wow, that is ambitious. Taking OUT a pond. That had to be a lot of work. I love your card!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute tag!!! I will have to be sure and play along!! I will trade your 80 degree weather for my 100 degree weather!!!

Unknown said...

love your new card!! Good luck with your yard work, sounds like a LOT of work!!

Lisa said...

Hi Danielle! Yard work, huh? I need to get out and do a bit myself. Funny, just last year I took out a nice water feature in my front yard for many of the same reasons you did. When it was working properly, it was awesome. But it eventually became a breeding place for some nasty flying insects! UGH! I'm sure filling in an entire pond was an enormous task. It is always rewarding when it's over though.

Love your beautiful tag! And I'm looking forward to your new site. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous card, Dani. And a great challenge. I'll see if I have time to play along again. Can't wait to see your new website. I want one too. Can your hubby build one for me too? LOL!

Sherry Wright said...

Your creations are all such eye candy, love every detail of this card and your LT projects. :)

Angela said...

Danielle, this is beautiful...

Steph said...

Such a beautiful card, Danielle! I really enjoyed your video tutorials...thanks for taking the time to do them :) I'll be looking forward to your new website too!

sandra02 said...

Very Beautiful tag !!!!!

Jennifer said...

love the card!! Sounds like you've been busy getting ready for summer!

Laina said...

You rocked the challenge Dani! I love that star!

Petra said...

Love your work and the tuorial. I'll try this technique myself for sure!!

Tracey Taylor said...

Totally adorable

chlo70 said...

it is a so nicely card. i like it so much. I love the bobine behind hihihi

Paula Pascual said...

Beautiful Tag, love it!