Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Buttons and butterflies...

Morning! It's another rainy day here in New York. I've been crafting up a storm, some things I can't quite show you yet, but soon! Today I have a couple of cards to share. The first one is mostly all Jenni Bowlin products. I love the warm, textural look here...cozy like a rainy day.
I added a silver rub on to the background cardstock and used it sideways, so that more of the pretty background would show after adding the journaling card over the top.

Jenni Bowlin supplies used: Rub on -Silver Photographer's Mark, buttons- Vintage Sew On Buttons Creme, stick Pinks - Antique, journaling card - Farmer's Wife. Other: White and cream cardstock, twine - craft supply, thanks rub on and pearls - Melissa Frances, flower - Fairytale Roses by Prima, ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
                                       _________________________________________

Next is a shabby card using felt butterflies and these gorgeous vellum butterflies by Jenni Bowlin. The doily is cut out of the Sweetness paper by Pink Paislee and the chipboard is by Dusty Attic. If you haven't before seen Dusty Attic's chipboard, you are MISSING out!! Such gorgeous things!!! Here I layered a big swirl over my card and trimmed off the edges, after lightly painting it with white paint. I love the kraft color it comes in, so I let that show through a little bit.


Supplies: chipboard swirl - Decorative Scroll #1 by Dusty Attic, Vellum Butterflies by Jenni Bowlin, Felt Butterflies by Jenni Bowlin, Sweetness - Paper Heart by Pink Paislee, Friends chipboard - Mini Words, 14 pieces by Dusty Attic. Ribbon rose made by me. White acrylic paint.

I have lots more to share, so I promise I won't be gone as long as last time! See you soon.
Danielle

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly have been crafty! Love the cards and can't wait to see what else your making! i wish I was in the rain...It's suppose to be 107 today. Yikes!

Jennifer Yates said...

These are beautiful Danielle! I love the butterflies and the silver rub-on is perfect!

Sarah Mullanix said...

ooooh so pretty...you had me at buttons and butterflies!! :)

martine said...

OHH so pretty. I love the vellum butterfly!

jen said...

So pretty!!! Love all of the sweet details....

Unknown said...

oh wow. girl you are amazing. love the way you painted the chipboard absolutely shabbylicious ;)

Mel said...

So pretty! I've been enjoying the rainy day in my craft room too:)

Scrapcollectr said...

Love the button card. I have to try that sideways idea. Thx!
=D