Friday, October 1, 2010

my scissor's keeper...

For my first Glue Arts project, I received some "Tailor Made" materials from Cosmo Cricket and some May Arts ribbon! I loved the scissors on the fabric, so I wanted to make something that had to do with sewing or crafting.

Glue Arts has an amazing tape runner that is actually called, "Fabric Bond". All you do is run it on the back of your material and iron it on. It's awesome! The Glue Gun is interchangeable, so you just pop out your regular adhesive and pop in the fabric cartridge, just like a tape runner!

Anyway....I scoured the internet to try and come up with a fun project and look for any sewing ideas to use with this scissor fabric. When I saw this, I REALLY wanted to make one for myself! They were so adorable! Mine turned out a bit larger, but it was fun to make. Do you like her little striped granny glasses?
And yes, she has to have a bow, because with all these pretty colors, she has to be a girl! lol

I wrapped some May Arts ribbon around my Cutterbee scissors and left a long trail of ribbon, the reason being that my desk is always a mess and I am always losing my scissors! I am hoping that now I'll see the LONG ribbon sticking out from my mess somewhere! :)
Please stop by the Glue ARTS blog to see the step-by-step directions and patterns to make one of these!

18 comments:

jen said...

this is ADORABLE!!! that fabric glue sounds great- and love that May Arts twill! :)

Kay said...

Awww!!!! TOOOOOOOOO Cute!!!! That material is absolutely darling and I love that shade of green twill. I'll have to check out the Fabric Bond. It sounds very handy!! ♥♥ Kay

farmhouse-story said...

this is adorable:)

Bendito Colibrí said...

Hello!!!!! desde chile admiro tu trabajo.... precioso todo, cariños.
Bye.

Shirley said...

OH MY! That is just absolutley the cutest! I'm adding this to my list of things to do with my scrappy friends. They will love this!

Evgenia Petzer said...

So creative! looks awesome. like the color combination!

eva said...

Very romantic

dining room furniture said...

This is really so adorable! I love it. The colors are so nice.

~amy~ said...

absolutely wonderfully creative...I love it!

Sonia said...

This is absolutely fabulous! It is functional, fun & just so pretty.
What a combo!
Homeroom!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Take care,
Sonia

Anonymous said...

Thsi is fabulous girl - love the bow!!

BethW said...

Incredible-she's a real looker.

Mandie said...

that. is. so. stinkin. adorable! love it, danielle!

Heather Innusa said...

This is a winner! I LOVE it!!

Mel said...

Very cute Dani!

Renee77 said...

What a fab idea! So cute so functional! I love it! I too am always losing my scissors! So this would be perfect for me!

Judy said...

What is not to love? Sooo cute. I don't know how you do it.

Melissa said...

I saw this on the Cosmo Cricket blog (my Halloween tag ended up on the blog too!!) It is adorable - LOVE it! I would love for you to check out my blog: http://burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Melissa
http://burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/