Saturday, May 7, 2011

thank you, mom...

To the best mom there is...

She is truly a beautiful person inside and out, and even though I have been thousands of miles from her the past 10 years, I still feel closer to her than ever. Every time we talk, it's like talking with a best friend, you just pick up right where you left off. She never judges me, she always wants the best for me. I can only hope I do as well of a job with my daughters as she did. I wanted to thank her for always being there for me...


This card is stamped with My Mind's Eye - Stella and Rose Gertie Girly Stamps (doilies) onto white cardstock, then I used a Pink Paislee Parisian text paper, a Studio Calico sticker, and a Papertrey Ink Turning a New Leaf die cut (with Crate Paper). The thank you stamp is from their Mat Stack 1 Collection. See the little zigzags? Those are from the Button Boutique stamp set. I'll be using those a lot when I need a quick stitched look! I stamped them on the tag above and below the sentiment as well.

On the inside, I decorated the bottom border using Papertrey Ink's Tag-it's #2 stamp set.

I bought my mom one of these, along with some other stuff. She loves to decorate her house and I thought this one would be so pretty with photos hung below it. I also wrapped up one of these little chocolates (below) to tuck inside with the other gifts...I printed out the saying, cut a long strip, wrapped it around the package and stapled it, then trimmed the ends.

To all the moms out there, have a happy Mother's Day this weekend and I hope you can enjoy a day of NO cooking *wink*!

(I'll be back soon with the winner of the mini book!)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Really pretty...I'm not a card maker, but your cards make me want to give it a try! Nicely done!

Melonie said...

Happy Mother's Day Dani!

Andrea Amu said...

Thanks for inspiring me to want to break out my doily stamps, Danielle... this card is beautiful!

Hope your Mother's Day was as special as you! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Sigh... I know I say it every. single. time. But I LOVE your cards Danielle!!! They are so beautiful and tastefully done!!! You are inspiring to me!!!
e.