Monday, June 6, 2011

easy wedding invitations and gift wrap...

Wedding week at the Crate Paper blog has officially started...and I get to go first! :) I wanted to try creating a timeless wedding invitation and keep it fairly simple, so it could be easily mass-produced. I layered vellum over white cardstock and used my computer to print out the invitation.

Papers are Crate Paper's Portrait line, die is a Papertrey Ink die called Turning a New Leaf, then I added some twine and burlap from the craft store.
Stop over to Crate Paper's blog to see the full step-by-step instructions for this wedding invitation!

Thought I'd also show you a peek at a little package I mailed out to a customer today. Sorry about the bad photo! The photos of it didn't turn out that great, but I had already mailed it out. I wrapped kraft paper around a packaged set of cards and added a Crate Paper calendar paper, Morex ribbon in Sage Green, some handmade burlap flowers, a Webster's bird, and seam binding. Everything is hot glued on to make sure it stays during shipping! I stamped a "for you" stamp in Ripe Avocado. Stamp is from the Mat Stack 2 Collection.
I punched a 2" leaf from the Portrait paper by Crate Paper to add my name on the back and added a Melissa Frances resin photo corner to the white graph paper.

I hope my customer likes it! :) I think pretty packaging makes opening the gift even more exciting.

I don't have an Etsy shop open yet, but if there is anything that you want to purchase or need a special order, please email me: dflanders71@hotmail.com!

8 comments:

angel said...

beautyful:)

Evgenia Petzer said...

unusual and adorable!

Suzanne said...

Love the invitation, and the packaging is gorgeous!

Mara said...

Hi Danielle!
And I love their work ... they are beautiful!
xx

Anonymous said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous! I love the flower you made with the twine.

Jess said...

So it was my amazing husband that ordered that LOVELY package from you!! He gave the little bundle of awesomeness to me this morning for our 1 year anniversary. He's such a great supporter of my cards, and he wanted me to continue to be inspired. He knows I am your biggest fan ever. The packaging for this all was Amazing!! I loove those burlap flowers. They're perfect! I can't believe this stuff was for me! :) I can't even tell you how excited I am to own some of your awesome cards! They are too wonderful to give away. I will keep them all for inspiration! I just want to thank you sooo much for sending us this package. All of it is absolutely beautiful. I can't stop staring at it all! I have seen some of your work at Right at Home, and ogle over it, and this is a million times cooler! Thank you!!!!!

Unknown said...

I want your wedding invitations so badly. They really are awesome. Very beautiful.

Send Wedding Flowers said...

They are so gorgeous. I love the colours and the use of the string. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations!