Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Indigo inspiration.

All this week on the Pink Paislee blog, we are showing projects made with the Indigo Bleu line, a pretty line of blues and yellows. For my post, I wanted to talk about the Chat Clouds from the line. You might be thinking (*insert chat bubble here*), "what can I use chat clouds for?" But they really are just cute little die cuts that can be used just like any other die cut. Let me show you some samples...


On this card, I've first prepared a card base by cutting a Card Base-ics #2 die by Papertrey Ink with Indigo Bleu - Denim paper. I used my Cuttlebug machine to cut out the shape, and then slipped in a piece of the yellow Burlap paper under the notches.
Next, I need a frame/focal point for my sentiment, so the chat clouds will work perfectly for this. I don't need the little point on the chat cloud, so I can either snip off the little points on them or tuck them under something like I have here. As you can see here, they are super cute when layered!

I've added a little felt flower I made myself and a Spring Jubilee chipboard butterfly. "Be happy" is a stamp from the Indigo Bleu Clear Stamps.

On the next card, the lined die cut is the chat cloud, and I've simply tucked it under the edge of the card base again. You could also cover up the chat point with a flower or button or any other embellishment! They don't have to be used as chat clouds if you don't want to use them that way. They are gorgeous little die cuts!
On the "smile" card, I layered some of the flowers from the Chat Clouds and added a pearl in the center. The wooden button is from the Indigo Bleu - Boutique Flair. Love these!
Indigo Bleu cards:
STAMPS: Indigo Bleu Clear Stamps by Pink Paislee
INK: True Black by Papertrey Ink
PAPER: Indigo Bleu papers, Indigo Bleu Chat Clouds by Pink Paislee
DIES: Card Base-ics 2 die and the Heart-2-Heart #7 flower die  by Papertrey Ink
OTHER: Indigo Bleu Boutique Flair buttons by Pink Paislee, Spring Jubilee Chipboard Stickers by Pink Paislee, rustic twine, felt, pearls by Melissa Frances, hole punch.

Thanks for reading today!

7 comments:

Moi said...

Thanks for the ideas. Love the cards.

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards, Danielle! I'd bought this patterned paper but struggled with using it.... I love how you make things look so effortless!

Pretty said...

very beautiful
pretty

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards Danielle! Love how you used the chat bubbles in such a clever way! :)

Keri said...

Beautiful Danielle! Love it! :D

Deborah R said...

Lovely as usuall!

Julie Marshall said...

Wow! Love this die too. You've used it perfectly. Another to add to my collection :)