Monday, February 2, 2015

Gossamer Blue Feb kits and a process video...

The February kits at Gossamer Blue are now available! This month the colors are more primary and bold...and fun!

The "Hugs, Hugs and More Hugs" card is made with the February main kit only. I used the bold stripe paper and added "hugs" words that I die cut with a Papertrey Ink die called Big Hugs using my Cuttlebug. I trimmed it out two times from the floral patterned paper and the one from the sun ray pattern. I used the Snap! die cuts (label and heart) and a Pebbles enamel dot from the kit. Printed out "and more" with my computer to add to the die cut.
The next card is a mix of the Feb. main kit and the Bits & Pieces kit.


Loved the frames and the clip in the Bits & Pieces kit from the Pebbles Banner Kit and wanted to use one on a card! (There are 12 of these frames in the package, so you could make a lot of cards with it!) I added a few of the Snap! paper washi tapes around the edges, then backed it with patterned papers from the main kit. I stamped "absolutely love this" with the stamp from the main kit (gorgeous font!), and die cut "thanks" with a die by Papertrey Ink from the Wet Paint Cuts Die Collection.

Also, I decided to make a process video take one of the kits that I received, open it up on camera and create two cards with it! You can watch the VIDEO here at Gossamer Blue. To make these, I've used the February Life Pages kit.

The little project life cards are so stinkin' adorable. Who says they have to be used on scrapbooking pages? There's no rule that we can't use them on cards, right?
Everything here is in the kit except the machine stitching and the seam binding.
Hope you enjoyed seeing a peek into my process. I always pick my favorite things from the kits and then figure out how they work together, for example the floral project life card with the floral chipboard. Um hello, perfect! You can use them as borders, like I did with the striped card too. Make the products work for YOU! :) 

4 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful Danielle!!!! Love how you combine elements!

Erica said...

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed your process video. I miss being able to watch how people create and yours was very well done. Thanks for sharing your talent!!

Danielle Flanders said...

Thank you, Jill and Erica!

claudia shadler said...

ooh, I luv these! So glad I got the kit! Luv the stitching, I still done have a sewing machine! ughh. cute cute cute! C :)