Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Introducing Noted...

The Papertrey Ink countdown for March is underway, and this is when we get to show you little sneak peeks of the new products coming out this month on March 15th at 10pm EST! Today I'm previewing the new Noted stamps and dies. You can see more about this set at Nichole's blog today.

The first card I made incorporates the new Noted stamps and dies with the new Brushed Blooms stamps and dies!
To create the watercolored chevrons, I used the big chevron stamp in Noted and brushed black watercolor paint (mixed with a lot of water to make gray) onto the stamp with my paintbrush, then stamped it onto watercolor paper. I love the soft look it gives the chevrons!


After stamping, you'll have a few extra blobs of water on your paper like you see below. Blot the extra paint off with a paper towel to get a softer look and remove those big drips.

After blotting the excess, the paint will dry a little bit lighter. The more water you mix with the black, the lighter gray color you'll get.

The Brushed Blooms flower is die cut from Linen Cardstock. I dipped the large flower stamp into Sweet Blush ink and then Melon Berry ink. The leaves were dipped in Spring Moss ink and then Ripe Avocado ink on the edges. Then I added a tiny bit of water to blend the ink on the leaves. Gives it a watercolor look that goes well with the background. I was inspired by this photo.



Hello There floral card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Brushed Blooms, Noted
INK: Melon Berry, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado
PAPER: Linen Cardstock
DIES: Brushed Blooms, Noted
OTHER: sequins - Pretty Pink Posh, twine - The Twinery, watercolor paints and paper - craft supply.
______


Next, I've stamped the arrows from Noted with Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry and Sweet Blush inks, inspired by this photo.

The hello was die cut 3 times and stacked together for a raised look on the word.
Last, I stamped a little heart at the bottom, added some sequins, seam binding and a little strip of Melon Berry patterned paper from Papertrey Ink at the top.


Hello Arrows card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Noted
INK: Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush
PAPER: Linen Cardstock, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry Pattern Pack
DIES: Noted
OTHER: sequins - Pretty Pink Posh, seam binding - Zipperstop.
______

The last card was very quick and easy.
The Hello was die cut several times from Papertrey Ink cardstocks, then I added a stamped sentiment from Noted at the bottom and stamped mini hearts from the set in coordinating inks. I used Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise and Harvest Gold ink colors and matching cardstocks.

Hello rainbow card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Noted
INK: Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, True Black
PAPER: Linen Cardstock, Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold cardstocks
DIES: Noted
OTHER: none.
______

Visit Nichole's blog for more information and to see what else is being previewed today!

28 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love what you have done with the new Noted and Brushed Blooms sets!

Keri said...

Such soft, beautiful colors, Danielle! I absolutely love the watercolor effect of the chevrons on your first card. :)

Isabel said...

Thanks for the great instructions on water coloring the chevron stamp. Appreciate the extra effort it took. Awesome card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy Guse said...

Gorgeous Danielle!

Polly said...

I always enjoy your cards, Danielle. I love to create watercolor effects and your idea of using watercolors directly on stamps is AWESOME!!! It gives one an incredible array of possibilities. Thank you so much!!!
I'm getting out my Kuretake set today.

June K said...

Great cards. I love the soft watercolor Brushed Blooms card in particular. It is gorgeous.

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous..love it all!

Ellen Bornstein said...

vibrant and wonderful! love ALL of them.

Tara said...

These are all so gorgeous! I so need that Hello die and Brushed Blooms! Thanks for all of the beautiful inspiration!

Jen said...

OH. MY. WORD. These are some of my favorites...although I say that every time I visit....i LOVE these!!!

Diana K said...

Breathtaking. That first card with the watercoloured chevrons is especially gorgeous; what a beautiful little card you created!

Melissa said...

Oh Dani, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you and your inspiring cards! You are amazing!
Melis

Patty J said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your watercolor technique too, you make it look easy when I know it's only with true artistic talent that you achieve those results.

Hollie said...

I find so much inspiration on your blog! I love your watercoloring and all the bright colors!

KFlaherty said...

These are such wonderful, and colorful cards. I really love the ideas you had for using the stamps.

sharin said...

Love your cards and the inspiration you share. Thanks so much!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, awesome cards, Danielle, the first one takes my breath away and if I wasn't sure I needed these new stamp sets before I am now!!

Cris Cunningham said...

So beautiful Danielle!

Joan V said...

Oh, what fun cards. Great technique with your chevron stamp. Thanks for sharing all your lovely cards.

Kathie B said...

Great cards all but I love the brightness and whimsy of the final card with all the hellos!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Love them all. Thanks for the watercolor tips on your first card, it's gorgeous. I also love the multicolor hellos! Thanks so much.

Daria Z. said...

Fabulous cards! Love the colorful rainbow of hellos and the soft watercolor look of the 1st card.

MelissaF said...

Love all your cards, especially the color combos. My 2 favorite sets this release (so far) are the Noted and Brushed Blooms and you showcase them so well with your stunning cards.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

Just two words...SWEET & CLASSY!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Mc said...

Your first card with the subtle chevrons behind your watercolored blooms looks like a piece of art that should be framed. Clever idea stamping arrows in many colors for the backdrop of your sweet "stacked" hello. I "Noted" for future CASEing your brightly-colored die-cut hellos down the front of your last card. Great previews, Danielle!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful cards. Love how you stacked the hello and used the little heart. fun card.

Virginia L. said...

I {heart} them all. :)

Renee V said...

All of your cards are GORGEOUS, and I really love the way you added water color on the Hello There card!!!! And the beautiful soft look of the sentiment!