Monday, April 13, 2015

Introducing Seeds of Knowledge...

The Papertrey Ink team is back with a group post to preview a few more new things coming out on April 15th! Today we are showing sneaks of the new Seeds of Knowledge stamp set, the new Pencil Blooms dies, Pint Size Wrap dies and Pint Size containers.
First, I have a pencil bloom bouquet to share with you. I really wanted to go a different direction than the typical apple red for a teacher gift. I found THIS pic on Pinterest that inspired me to do something different!

Here's my pencil bouquet! I'll tell you how I put it together...

To start, I remembered that I had this gold paint... it's called Liquid Gilding by Martha Stewart, so I painted all my #2 pencils gold. It dries almost immediately! And covers so well, I love it! I think it's oil based though, so use an old paintbrush if you try this, because it's hard to clean out the brush afterward.
Much better than the #2 yellow! (My girls saw these and both want one to take to school. lol)

Next, I used a Tag Sale #4 die to cut a black tag and stamped it with Seeds of Knowledge. I embossed the white portions with white embossing powder (sentiment). The blue flower was embossed with Powder colored Zing. Then to get the green flowers, I didn't have the right color of embossing powder. So I actually heat embossed them in white, then took a Copic marker and colored right over the top of the white embossing powder to make them green! I used YG63.

Here you can see the cute Pencil Blooms dies cut with the Sheer Basics Vellum and layered onto the pencils. I used the new Enclosed: Apple die to make the leaves. The large tag is taped onto a cute straw from Target. Adds just a bit more pattern.


This is a better shot of the gold pencils. I used the Pint Size Die to cut the white wrap for the inside. It slipped right in and fit nicely into the jar. It's stamped with the new Graceful Greetings stamp set (thanks and flowers). The mini tag is an American Crafts DIY Shop tag that I stamped with Seeds of Knowledge and embossed. Everything is tucked into a Kerr jar.


Thanks Pencil Bouquet:

STAMPS: Seeds of Knowledge, Graceful Greetings
INK: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, True Black
PAPER: Sheer Basics Vellum, white and True Black cardstock
DIES: Pencil Blooms, Pint Size Wrap 
OTHER: DIY Shop tag by American Crafts, Papertrey Ink twine, #2 pencils, Kerr jar (5" high), gold
paint - Liquid Gilding by Martha Stewart, Zing embossing powders, straw from Target, Copic Markers.
______

Next are some coordinating tags that you could use on a card or just as a gift tag on a package.

They are cut with a Tag Sale #4 die, then stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. All of the images were then colored with Copics like I explained above! The line under the teacher tag is a Seeds of Knowledge die cut. You can add white ink over the top for the "chalkboard effect" with your finger or a blending tool, or you can leave it plain like the teacher tag for more contrast.


Embossed and Colored Gift Tags:
STAMPS: Seeds of Knowledge, Graceful Greetings
INK: Versamark ink for embossing
PAPER: True Black, white; Soft Granite by Hero Arts
DIES: Seeds of Knowledge, Tag Sale #4
OTHER: twine - The Twinery, Copic Markers.
______

Visit the rest of the team to see more with these products.
Everything will be available for purchase on April 15th at 10pm EST at Papertrey Ink!

16 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Absolutely love your trendy creations! The chalkboard, the gold, the vellum and your signature twine!

BeverlyBL said...

Love your gold pencils, and the chalkboard look is perfect for a teacher gift.

Holly Saveur said...

gorgeous!

Joni Andaya said...

Really love this Danielle <3.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love how you've made your teacher gift so cool looking! Fabulous!

Diana K said...

So trendy and gorgeous. Wow!

Teresa Doyle said...

FABULOUS projects Danielle. Makes me wish I was a teacher. LOL (Almost!)

Crestajune said...

What a gorgeous project! I love this so much. Hope you have a fantastic day!

Diane Jaquay said...

Eek!! Love those gold pencils, fabulous, trendy project!!!

Diane Payne said...

Great teach gifts and I love the gold pencils!

Kathy Krug said...

Great projects. the gold pencils and the sentiments are sure to please.

Bonnie T. said...

Love your gold pencils and embossed tags. Very pretty!

Grace said...

What a wonderful idea

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

Those tags are STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sorry Danielle for the name confusion... thought I was on a different blog... in any case... LOVE your project. :)

Larissa Heskett said...

OHHHLALALALALALA!! I LOVE the Gold Pencil Idea!! FUN and they look so SPECIAL!! =) LOVE the Vellum as the Topper too!! This ROCKS!! =) Sorry I've missed a couple days my Littles have been Sick!! =( Never FUN!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)