Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Hoopla Stitching Collection and more...

Welcome back to another group post for Papertrey Ink! We are previewing a bunch of new stitching dies today that will be available on 4/15 at 10pm EST, and I chose to work with the adorable cupcake! I went to town with a variety of Papertrey Ink FELT colors...

My first thought was to create a patchwork of felt colors on a hoop and add the cupcake over the top, but then I felt like I wanted to put the cupcake on a smaller hoop and just make it a focal point! I thought maybe all of the squares would be too distracting from the cupcake. So the hoop pair was born. I used the larger 6" hoop for the patchwork design and added "Sprinkled" with the older Make It Market Shakers & Sprinkles die. (Kit is still available, it looks like! If you haven't gotten in on these Make It Market kits yet, you really need to!! They are so much fun! **wink**)
To create the squares on the larger hoop, I die cut the squares with Heart Squared and stitched them onto a random piece of fabric I had in my stash. Then to create the smaller 4" cupcake hoop, I used the new Hoopla: Stitched Banners (for the banner) and the Stitched Cupcake dies. 

The Stitched Cupcake dies help you stitch lines down the cupcake liner and the border around the top. I added my own "sprinkles", by just stitching little lines with colored floss - red, hot pink and orange. If you wanted to recreate this for a boy instead, just change out the pink squares and banner shapes for a dark blue. Hope you enjoyed this post! Here is a supply list:

Patchwork and Cupcake Embroidery Hoops:
STAMPS: Shakers & Sprinkles, Polka Dot Basics III
INK: Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz
PAPER: Summer Sunrise Pattern Pack, Sweet Blush
DIES: Shakers & Sprinkles, Hoopla: Stitched Banners, Stitched Cupcake, Heart Squared
OTHER: Felt, 4" and 6" embroidery hoops, floss, enamel dot.
------

Don't forget to shop on 4/15 at 10pm EST at Papertrey Ink to get all of the new products we have been previewing this week! Stop by each of these blogs to see more: 

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

yay for hoop art...absolutely LOVE what you've done!

Nancy Penir said...

Love your take on the hoop. What's better than one? Two of course! And they look gorgeous together!

TLady said...

Danielle, this looks GREAT! I LOVE the festive feel you've given the little cupcake & the patch work hoop art is also fun & festive! PERFECT! ;)

Diana K said...

Wow! Love the two hoops together. While I would never actually make this project, I love the colour combo you used.

Sandy M said...

Glad you decided to make two hoops rather than one. Who would have thought squares would make such a cute piece. And of course the cupcake speaks for itself. Wonderful job.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE these projects - they are gorgeous! The colours you have used are just so pretty too Danielle :-)

Skrater said...

These are great projects. I am loving all the felt and stitching that is happening in the crafting world these days! Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards, love the little touches you always seem to add to make your cards so special.
Love the tied Bakers twine to the side of the cover plate, a small thing but so effective.
Thanks for reminding me to use the Friendship flowers with out the jar duh!
hugs,
Nancy

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE with a CAPITAL L!! =) Such BEAUTIFUL Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)