Monday, August 1, 2016

Meadow Greens revisited...

Today the senior Papertrey Ink design team is doing a little blog hop to show you some fresh new ideas for using an older stamp set called Meadow Greens, which you can find HERE! I have two cards that I've used my Zing! Embossing Powders with to create a soft look to the flowers. I've used Powder and Blush.

On the first card, I used a background paper from the Beautiful Brushstrokes paper, an older paper set by PTI. I used the Meadow Greens dies to cut the flower and the stem and stamped and embossed with the Blush Zing! powder. The gray piece was cut from the Noted: Scalloped Square dies. The border is die cut with the Filigree Border die.
The next card also uses a background paper from the older Beautiful Brushstrokes paper pad. I used the Powder Zing! on this one with a little different color scheme from what I normally work with - yellow, blue and brown!
Another Filigree Border die was used here and a sentiment from Meadow Greens stamps again.
The seam binding is the pretty ribbon I often use and is from zipperstop.com. I get it wet with my fingers to scrunch it up, and it dries just how you leave it.
Hope you enjoyed these ideas! Visit Betsy, Dawn, Heather and Melissa for more Meadow Greens projects!

10 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love your Zing colors with this stamp! Pretty cards!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I wouldn't have thought to make the Queen Anne's Lace different colors- I LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration!!!

Jnett said...

Love, love, love the idea of embossing the flowers. They look smashing. Great job!

Diana K said...

Totally stunning and awesome! Love those flowers paired with that striped paper and the beautiful grey card.

Kathy Mc said...

Different color combos, Danielle, but I really like them. Can't believe how different each card looks just by changing up the layout a bit and using different colors. Your embossed flowers are beautiful.

Lisaerica said...

Gorgeous Danielle! Love the color combos and all the layers. This is such a great set, maybe next month, I've blown my budget with all the great releases this month, lol. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE it!!

Nora Noll said...

What lovely cards!! I LOVE the colors you used and the ribbons are the icing on the cake!!

Greta said...

Thank you for the inspiration, Danielle! I admired that set for ages & finally got it some time back. I need ideas to use it more, so this post is a great help!

Nancy Penir said...

First of all, that paper... WOW! Totally new to me, and looks wonderful to have on hand. Thank you. And your gorgeous coloring, as usual, rocks the card! Meadow Greens is one of my all time favorites, and love that it's hi-lighted this month. You always give a fresh new look to all you do, thank you!